The Perfect Soup for a Cold Day or to Support You During the Cold or Flu
I was feeling like I was borderline getting something and got this recipe and decided I NEEDED to go to the store, grab ALL ingredients and try it. Because let’s be real, ain’t nobody got time for sickness!! And with SO much going around this winter, I figure it would be good for the whole family to have a soup full of lots of yummy nutrients and be packed with antioxidants!
I decided instead of taking the time to make it on the stove, because by the time I made it to the store
and home, I didn’t have time to make it as the recipe called , so I decided to throw it in my Instapot and see if I could get it to work in there and changed a bit of the ingredients up too!! I added a few more things and had it cook for 6mins and VIOLA! Had a delicious tasting healthy soup, that the whole family enjoyed, and I believe helped cut my cold in duration!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into little pieces
- 1 cup diced carrot sliced
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth(the original recipes calls for chicken broth, but I did bone broth to increase the power of nutrients)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- salt pepper to taste
- On “Sauté” put avocado oil in the bottom of the Instapot with onion, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper, cook a few minutes until onion is cooked.
- Add in carrots, mushrooms, diced chicken, bone broth and water.
- Stir all ingredients
- Place lid on Instapot, use “Manual” setting and set for 6 mins.
- Clean your dirty dishes you just used to prepare and VIOLA, your soup is done.
- Once the 6 mins is over, release the steam and add in your spinach and put the lid back on for a few more minutes(3-4 mins) until spinach has wilted
- Then serve and ENJOY!
NOTE: You can also add noodles if your kid’s would rather have them added and add them when you do the spinach and let sit for about 5 minutes until noodles are cooked