Not Your Momma's Brussel Sprouts
Did you grow up being threatened with dessert if you didn’t eat your Brussel Sprouts?
Well there won’t be any left on your plate after trying these and you will be going back for seconds! This Brussel Sprout recipe is a crowd pleaser, even for those picky kids! Because lets face it, if you add bacon to anything it ALWAYS makes it taste better right?! This recipe is great for any occasion; summer BBQs, holiday meals or meal prep for the week. They are great made in the oven or in a hurry you can also do them on the stove top. Anytime we visit my brother and sister out in SoCal this is one of the dishes I always get requests to make. BBQing is what we do a lot of when we visit California and these go amazing with any BBQ meats.
Now that it is almost the weekend and Memorial Day weekend at that, you need to head to the store, grab the ingredients that you don’t have and make this recipe! It will be the first side dish gone at the BBQ promise.
2lbs Brussel Sprouts
7 slices of bacon
1/4C Olive Oil
1/8C Maple Syrup
3TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut Brussel Sprouts in half or fourths(the smaller the more tender they get)
- Dice up bacon
- Place bacon and Brussel Sprouts into a large bowl
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, Maple Syrup, Balsamic Vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to the large bowl and mix until all Brussel Sprouts are coated(sometimes I have to add a little more of each if they seem dry)
- Roast at 400 for 40 mins or until bacon is crispy in oven(or if your have something in the oven use stove on medium heat and 20mins)
- Stir a few times
- I like the oven better because it gives them a crispiness that the stove does not
- Add with you favorite main course